Electromagnetic Waves – Practice
1) What are the features that characterise the different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum?
2) Describe the difference between the red and blue parts of the visible spectrum in terms of wavelength and frequency:
3) List the different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum in order of increasing frequency:
4) When considering the electromagnetic spectrum, what is the relationship between frequency and wavelength?
1) The different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum are differentiated by changes in wavelength and frequency.
2) The blue end of the visible spectrum has a shorter wavelength and a higher frequency than the red part of the visible spectrum.
3) radio, microwave, infrared, visible, UV, X-ray, gamma
4) Frequency and wavelength are inversely proportional. This means that if the wavelength increases the frequency decreases and vice versa.