Heat, Work and Energy – Practice
1) Why are gases easier to compress than liquids?
2) What causes particles of matter to move faster?
3) What happens to the particles of matter when it expands?
4) Draw a diagram to illustrate the differences between the particles in ice and steam:
1) In gases, the distances between particles is greater than in liquids. Particles in gases can be compressed closer together with relatively small forces
2) Heating matter will result in the particles having increased kinetic energy
3) The particles will have increased kinetic energy and move further apart. The forces keeping particles together will have been broken
4) See video