Displacement, Speed and Velocity – Practice
1) A jogger ran the following path shown in pink. Determine the distance and the displacement covered on her run from the diagram:
2) A dog chases a ball for 40m west and it takes 5 seconds before he catches it. Calculate:
a) the speed of the dog:
b) the velocity of the dog:
3) A cat runs around the neighbourhood for 10 minutes at an average speed of 1.5 m/s. How far does the cat cover in this time?
4) A cyclist travels 80km in 5 hours. What is their speed in m/s?
1) distance = 38m, displacement = 18m right
2) a) 8 m/s b) 8 m/s west
4) 4.4 m/s